Home » News
Last modified: October 01. 2003 11:17AM
SAXoTECH to show new software at Ifra
SAXoPRESS R6 includes new customizable user interface, support for IT centralization
SAXoTECH, a recognized leader in providing content management and online production systems for media companies, will show the next version of the SAXoPRESS Publishing System (called Release 6) at the Ifra Expo 2003 trade fair. Ifra Expo will take place on Oct. 13-16, in Leipzig, Germany.
"The SAXoPRESS system is designed to make news operations of all sizes more efficient," said Peter Ibsen, Executive Vice President of SAXoTECH A/S. "New in SAXoPRESS R6 are planned production schemes, zoning, improved advertising system integration, strong integration to the online production system, and support for IT centralization and newspaper group operations."
SAXoTECH will demonstrate all of the exciting new features of SAXoPRESS R6 in booth #4C117 on the Ifra show floor. We invite you to join us in a discussion of the business potential of integrated solutions and see a live demonstration of the products.
New SAXoPRESS R6 features include:
- New unified user interface: The user interface for SAXoPRESS has been completely redesigned to unify and simplify all the editorial functions into a single, customizable content management "workbench". From one window, users will be able to access all of the system's operations. And the interface can be tailored to suit the needs of different groups of users in the newsroom.
- Mac OS X and Windows XP clients : The SAXoPRESS client software is being completely re-coded to provide native support for the latest operating system technologies from Apple and Microsoft.
- Adobe and Quark: R6 integrates seamlessly with both Adobe InDesign and Adobe InCopy, as well as QuarkXPress and QuarkCopyDesk. SAXoPRESS clients can choose which page platform suits their needs best.
- Budgeting: The editorial planning tools have been tightly integrated throughout the SAXoPRESS system allowing users to easily see an overview of the budget and available resources.
- IT centralization: New tools in SAXoPRESS help media companies centralize their IT operations and support the consolidation of print and New Media production.
SAXoPRESS R6 will be available for customer installation in early 2004.
At Ifra, SAXoTECH will also present the Publicus Online Publishing System, which automates most online publishing tasks for newspaper Web sites.
Publicus offers full support for taxonomy-based content publishing, which can automatically direct content to relevant areas of the site, and can give the user the power to create new feature sections within minutes. Publicus also includes tools that support many different online business models and helps publishers create new revenue streams on the Web through, for example, display ad-inserts, banner-ads, online classifieds, event handling, registration, and more.
SAXoTECH is a recognized leader in the development of cross-media news publishing solutions. Our integrated applications give journalists a complete suite of print and online tools to plan, create, publish and archive the news. Our products include the multi-platform SAXoPRESS Publishing System (editorial print production), and the award-winning Publicus Online Publishing System (dynamic, automated Internet publishing). Over 200 clients worldwide depend on our software and services to help them meet their multi-channel deadlines and lower their production costs.
For Additional Details
Sales Director, Scandinavia
Phone: +45 96 31 42 00
General Manager, Scandinavia
Phone: +45 96 31 42 00