Last modified: September 10. 2003 4:41PM
Customer Fulfillment Specialist-Print
SAXoTECH, Inc. is one of the fastest-growing publishing system vendors in the world. Our office in the U.S. needs talented and experienced newsroom personnel with a strong interest in computer systems to join our customer fulfillment teams. You'll be involved in all aspects of customer relations, including helping with sales, doing site and workflow analysis, training new users, helping manage installations and handling support calls. This position involves national travel.
1. Knowledge about QuarkXPress/InDesign based pagination (including creation of stylesheets, templates, libraries and font administration). It would be preferable if the candidate could work on both the Mac and PC platforms.
2. Cursory knowledge of HTML and online newspaper publishing.
3. Knowledge about the workflow in US newspapers and/or magazine.
- Be able to interview newspaper personnel and understand their workflow.
- Understand "who is doing what" and "who is normally allowed to do what" in normal newspaper/magazine workflow.
- Understand newspaper/magazine technology.
4. Knowledge about photo processing, from camera to press or web.
- Color processing and measuring of quality (use of available tools)
- Knowledge about Photoshop.
- Experience in handling workflow issues and necessary actions for different publishing media.
- Some knowledge of initial calibration of scanners, monitors and imagesetters.
5. Computer knowledge for both Mac and PC platforms.
6. Have the professional attitude to support statements like:
- "All tasks, small or big, old routine or a brand new have to addressed, solved and taken care of with the goal of best Customer Satisfaction."
- "No jobs are too small or too difficult, and no questions are stupid."
Experience with QuarkXPress/InDesign, electronic pre-press, copy editing and HTML. We are looking for self-motivated people with a positive attitude. Previous teaching experience is a plus.
- An attractive compensation package
- Very competitive benefits package including 401k and 2 weeks of paid vacation
- You will be part of a very successful team with opportunities for advancement
- A professional but informal working atmosphere
- The opportunity to work with some of the most advanced software solutions available for the media industry
SAXoTECH, Inc., is a leading supplier of Web and print publishing systems for the media industry. SAXoTECH is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
One Church Street
Rockville, MD 20850