Home » Jobs
Last modified: January 05. 2004 4:09PM
Are you tired of daily deadline pressures? Want to try something different? SAXoTECH, Inc., is looking for an experienced journalist to join our team as a Marketing Engineer to assist in the technical sales and marketing of our editorial print and online systems.
We are one of the fastest-growing publishing system vendors in the world, and we need talented and experienced newsroom personnel with a strong interest in computer systems to help us explain the benefits of our solutions to prospective clients. You'll be involved in all aspects of the marketing and sales process, including RFPs, tradeshows, on-site presentations, and client workflow needs analysis.
Never done this type of work before? That's OK. We can teach you about software marketing, if you have:
- Knowledge of typical workflows used in U.S. daily newspapers and magazines
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Real-world experience producing newspaper pages with desktop layout tools (QuarkXPress/Adobe InDesign), including creation of style-sheets, templates, libraries and font and image handling
- Experience with other desktop publishing applications, such as Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Freehand, etc.
- Knowledge of image processing and color management, from camera to press and online
- Working knowledge of both the Mac OS and Windows operating systems
- Some knowledge of HTML and online newspaper publishing.
- Team-player with a desire to see the world
We are looking for self-motivated people with a positive attitude. Previous teaching experience is a plus.
This job will require travel up to, and perhaps exceeding, 50 percent of the time. Permanent location is Tampa, FL.
- An attractive compensation package
- Very competitive benefits package (including 401k)
- The chance to be part of a very successful team with opportunities for advancement
- A professional, but informal, working atmosphere
- The opportunity to work with some of the most advanced software solutions available for the media industry
SAXoTECH, Inc., is a leading supplier of Web and print publishing systems for the media industry. SAXoTECH is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and salary requirements to: